Friday, September 5, 2008

Help! I need somebody...Help! Not just anybody ...

I need someone to help me figure out how to get my tiny to like going to school in the mornings. She's alright once she gets to school, but she's always crying when she gets on the bus and says she hates school and doesn't want to go. The other two were NEVER like that. I don't remember a day where either Missy or Cameron didn't want to go. They're so insane that they'll even go sick so that they won't miss a day (so they can get the perfect attendance award). Amy is just so different (yes, she is a mama's girl and my last) and the guilt is killing me! What do I do, you experienced moms out there! And even anyone with any suggestion will be welcomed.

1 comment:

Traci said...

I'm not a mother, and I'm not sure I really have anything to help, but I wanted you to know I have been thinking about it.
I remember when I was in elementary school (the early years K-3 or so) I cried when I went to school. I specifically remember second grade and Mom taking me to the drinking fountain to clean my face and help me calm down.
Like Amy I loved school, but it was hard having to go in the first place. I think your idea of the happiness chart is a great idea. I don't know how far you want to push/stretch it, but maybe something added on about her attitude in the morning?
On a good note, eventually I did start looking forward to school. In fact it's 15+ years later and I am actually looking forward to classes starting in 2 weeks!