Saturday, December 6, 2008

The End is in Sight...

It must be the end of the semester because I came down with a cold yesterday. I'm never sick during the school year (unless it's something bizarre), but as soon as my body realizes that the semester is done, then it poops out and I get something. But I've been doing the Zicam thing and I think it will work.

I only have two finals to write this weekend and three to give next week (two of them are the same) and then I'm FREE until January 5th (Happy Birthday, Cindy). I also have a study guide to post today, hopefully I'll get to it or they'll be mad at me. What do I care? Let 'em be mad! What a rebel I am.

Missy and Amy have been performing in the semiannual play this week. Tonight is the last performance after a month of rehearsal. I love them in the play, but am always excited when it's over! Pictures will follow after we do cast pictures tonight.

Everyone's off somewhere right now, that's why I can post. Cameron, Missy, Calli, and Rob (and maybe Jeff) are at the movies. Modern Woodmen of America (our life insurance company) sponsors a movie day in December (cheap and food goes with it). So they usually go. Amy is at a teddy bear tea party for Marleigh's birthday for another 20 minutes. And I'm in my office (my sanctuary) finishing up letters of recommendation for a former student who is going to graduate school. I just came from my usual Saturday trip to Wally World. As I was lifting the dog food bag (all 44 lbs of it) up to get to the UPC symbol, yep, you guessed it . . . the bottom fell out and so did 44 lbs of dog food. Nice. I don't even like my stupid dogs. No, I'm just kidding. Too bad Wiley and Daisy weren't there to clean up the mess. They certainly would have been happy to oblige.

Hope all is well with everyone. Now I can gear up Christmas. Haven't gotten that spirit yet, but I think we'll get our tree today and then maybe that will help. I love to celebrate the birth of our Savior, but I'd rather do it on his real birthday and bag the pagan start of winter/new year holiday thing. Oh well, no one listens to me.

Next time I'll post how I broke my car on Thursday. Check out my facebook page if you can't wait.

No comments: