Wednesday, January 10, 2007

While I'm waiting for Missy to come over to the college from school, I thought I'd post a new blog since I haven't for quite some time. Part of the problem is that it is very hard to post from home, as we've been having problems with our dial-up connection (gee, what's that?), and the computer crashed some time ago and we're waiting for some up and coming money to buy a new one. So I post at work, and with the holidays, I haven't been around.

It's been a difficult Christmas break. It was good to be with family and to go to St. George so the kids can see NeeNana, but upon our return home, tragedies in the Gila Valley dominated our life. Just before the break, two kids from Thatcher High were in an ATV accident that was very serious and we didn't know what would happen to them with their recoveries. The boy who was driving sustained multiple skull fractures and we're still unsure if he will make a full recovery, even with rehabilitation. He's one of the older brother's of a buddy of Cameron's. She also works with me in the cub scout program, so we're praying for Jacob's recovery. The girl that was riding with him had the ATV land on her and she unfortunately passed away the day before we returned to Thatcher. I work with her mother in the Thatcher Stake Primary and Stephanie was an extremely wonderful girl and loved by many, as testified by the 1200+ attendance at her funeral.

While we were preparing for Stephanie's funeral on Tuesday of last week, the ex-wife of our men's basketball coach (who is a very good friend of ours) committed suicide in her garage, also taking the life of their 2 year old little boy with her. Needless to say, this is still affecting us all. I got to play the organ for Ryan's funeral, which was last Thursday. I'm really glad to have been able to do that for Tim. He's not a member of the Church, but we had the funeral at the stake center and the stake president spoke at the funeral. He did a wonderful job. If you go to http://www.eachoops.com you can see pictures of Ryan and his dad.

So now I'm back in school today, the kids went back on Monday. Things hopefully will be better for all of us this semester. Many sad things happened last semester to people associated with EAC, but it's such a great place to work because there is so much support. We really are one big family and I'm privileged to work here.

The kids are all in tip top shape. Cameron's back into little league basketball and piano, Missy's back to playing with all of her friends again, and Amy is still molesting the cat, and has the scratches to prove it! Our rats and mice had babies over the break so Rob has dollar signs in his eyes. He started school today, too, and is getting ready to enter his elementary ed program this fall. Finally, maybe a light at the end of the tunnel.

I've got stake Pinewood Derby in two weeks from Saturday to get through and the district commissioner asked me today if I would do the district derby. Absolutely not! So he said he'd take me off of his list. Thank heavens!

I'm hoping, too, with the money that we're going to get shortly that I can get a digital camera and post pictures, as well. Well, Missy should be here any minute, better go look for her. Make it a great day.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Sounds like it's been a really trying time. So sorry to hear all the sad news. Every day is precious!
By the way - since when do you play the organ??
Good luck with better days ahead!