Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I wish things would stop dying in my life! Last week with the snow and the cold and everything our oldest (and most beloved) chicken, Fluffy, caught a cold and cough (Rob noticed on Saturday) and Sunday morning before church, he went out to find that she had passed away in the night. We came in and told the kids, Missy cried but Cameron just said okay. After church, Cameron went out into the alley to bury her and Fuzzy ( so that the dogs in our yard wouldn't dig them back up again). Rob went out to see how he was doing and to take him Fluffy and when he saw her in the box was when he finally let go. Rob asked him if he'd like to say a prayer and after a minute (during which time Rob said the tears were just running off of his nose and down his cheeks) he did. He thanked Heavenly Father for her and our memories of her, and then asked that she be happy wherever she was now. Bless his little heart!!!! We're having struggles with growing up right now (11 going on 15) but times like this remind me why I love him like I do. Cameron is such a wonderful, tenderhearted, young man. I just wish that he would lose some of the bravado!

By the way, I love everyone's blog, just don't find much time to respond. My life is so very hectic. Pinewood Derby was a success, now I have basketball games tonight, kickboxing last night and tomorrow night, stake baptisms and Cameron's baskeball game on Saturday. And trying to find a time to go see "The Queen" with Nana. I'm not even sure what lies in store for next week. I'm afraid to see! Make it a good day!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Sorry to hear about all the sadness. Hope everything else stays alive for awhile!
Keep your head up or you'll drown in all that activity! You do sound BUSY!