Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tired of Cleaning . . .

I'm going to try to go back and catch up on some of the things that our family has done since I last posted! Here is one of my favorite pictures of all of my children. Two of them you may not recognize, but they are definitely my children! The boy in the blue shirt is Cameron's best friend, Jeremiah Ward. The two are almost inseparable. He's a year older than Cameron, and unfortunately, is in junior high while Cameron is still in elementary school. But there's always after school, weekends, etc. We took Jeremiah with us Labor Day weekend to the White Mountains of Arizona to visit the little boy in yellow, Kaiden. He and Cameron have the same birthday and are 10 years apart. He's the son of two of my students who are very special to us. Kaiden's mom (Karen) used to be Cameron's piano teacher until Kaiden's dad (Rand) got a teaching job in Eagar and they had to move from Thatcher. We were very sad, but it gives us an excuse to go visit and one day we'd like to build a cabin there.


Since my blog is the "Furry Menagerie", I thought I'd better give you a sampling every now and again of our furry friends. This is Creamy. We raise rats to sell to the pet store as pets and reptile food, but we decided that we wanted a couple of rats as pets for us. I know what you're thinking. . . but rats really do make great pets. We take them from their mommies as soon as they get hair (even before their eyes are open) and then bottlefeed them so they will be tame. We have another one named Butterscotch and they live together to keep each other company. Amy and Cameron absolutely love them. Missy likes them, but she's not as interested in them as the others are.


This is Creamy before her eyes were open! She's much bigger, now!



Everything seems to get put on hold during the semester, so lots of work piles up for when I'm home. So now I have to tackle it, but I'm tired of it, so I guess I'll post some more. Two more days until Christmas vacation! Missy is VERY excited for it this year. She's been my present scout this year -- checking everything under the tree, keeping track of how many presents everyone gets, especially her. I finished her fur coat yesterday. We saw a coat that someone made in the fabric section of WalMart one day, and she wanted that so desperately! She kept talking about it until finally, Nana gave in, and gave me the money to buy the pattern and fabric. But she was too scared to make it! So I had to. But it was really pretty easy and I'll post a picture of her modeling it after Christmas. It was fun to make for her and I can't wait to see her face when she opens it!
Well, back to work! Make it a great day!


1 comment:

Becky said...

Cute pictures! I could tell they were 'older' since Amy's hair is long in them! I'm enjoying your posts!