Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Whole Semester . . .

I can't believe that an entire semester has gone by without a post! Sorry about that, but it's been a very hectic few months. Here's one of the changes:





After:


Before:








I know this should have been the other way around, but I still haven't figured out to upload pictures to my blog in the order that I want them to be displayed. I hate that, and I REALLY hate Moon Sand. Don't buy it! Yes, it doesn't dry out, but it also doesn't stick together and gets everywhere. The good thing is that each time Amy plays with it, less and less returns to the container. One day it will have all been vacuumed away . . . .
Amy was getting very tired of having it hurt every Sunday when we tried to comb her hair for church. The reason why it hurt so much was that she'd only let me comb it on Sundays before church. So we cut off the dreadlocks and I have a new girl! I miss the long blond hair, though. It's darker now but I'm hoping it will lighten in the summer.
I guess for now this blog is going to be about Amy or it will be too long. Amy has had a time in the past with seizures as she wakes up in the mornings. She had her first in June of 2006 and we did tests with a "wait and see" from the neurologist. They came back with one in March, one in April, one in July, and one in August. So we're doing more tests and currently have her on medication. It's always scary to have your children on maintenance meds, but she hasn't experienced any side effects or seizures. The doctor said we'll try it for a year and if she can be seizure-free for a year, we can take her off of the medication. So, we're four months and counting. I hope she'll outgrow them. I've heard of lots of cases where that has happened. We're keeping our fingers crossed!
Now that I'm out for the semester, I will keep catching up on our lives! Have a great day and congratulations, Jeff! We're all so proud of you!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Welcome back! So good to see fun pictures and hear how things are going! Hate the meds, but sounds like it's going good now ~ so we'll keep good thoughts! I like her hair and I bet she does too!