Friday, August 29, 2008

I hate terrorists.

What has happened to our world? I'm a WASP female, of middle age, in Phoenix, AZ. Am I going to hijack a plane? Certainly not. But because some fanatical extremists rocked our world nearly 7 years ago, I cannot go home to Canada without a stupid passport. Stupid airlines. Tourism Canada says I only need a driver's license and birth certificate. If I drove to the border they would let me in. But I couldn't board my Air Canada flight this morning without my passport. This is at 4:00 am this morning. So I drove back home and went to work. I miss Jan and Catherine. I've been looking forward to this for a year and a half. I've had my ticket since April. Now I have a $150 cancellation fee and a credit until April on an airline I don't want to fly on anymore. But at least Amy will be happy I'm home. I haven't slept since Wednesday night. I'm tired and I don't feel well. I need some colostrum.

I did get to enjoy the "hurricane" we had in Phoenix last night. I was right in the middle of the worst of it. 1.5 inches of rain in 20 mins, 75 mph winds, 10,000+ lightning strikes/minute, power outages, hail, the door of the lobby of the motel was ripped off its hinges. Exciting!

Mom said maybe I just wasn't supposed to go on this trip. Maybe not, but maybe it's because we have so many crazies in the world that are trying to bring down America. And I don't think Barrack Obama will have a clue how to deal with this, let alone our domestic problems. I had greater faith in John McCain until this morning. What was he thinking? A female 2 year governor from Alaska? Please. We're going to heck in a handbasket. Hold on tight. Regardless of who wins it's going to be a bumpy four years. I wanted to move to Canada for 4 years but they don't want me anymore. Geez, I lived there for 16 years. Whenever I say where I'm from, I always say I'm from Canada. I still say "eh". Isn't that devotion?

Okay, I'm going home now. Have a great long weekend.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, Tam! What a disappointment! Hadn't they told you that you'd need a passport?? You must have been so MAD! I hope you'll be able to go in April now. So sorry about this!

tammy 2-2 said...

No, and the information I read on the internet was land and sea (not air) which said I'd only need photo ID and birth certificate. Oh well, we think we might try to get me there during spring break. I have to complete my travel by April 16, 2009 to use the credit I have with the airlines. Don't know when in April yet is the reunion.

Traci said...

Man. That really stinks. I hope you are able to have a good weekend anyway.

Tooele County Domestic Violence Coalition said...

Sorry this happened - it's a ain now to get back and forth. I'm with you - once a Canadian, ALWAYS a Canadian!!

Joan said...

Tammy-- so sorry that you had to go through all of this alone...Glad that you are back HOME.....