Monday, August 4, 2008

Two Days in a Row!

I should be doing laundry right now, but the siren call of the computer captivated me and lured me into its clutches. So here I am and I'll write between loads!

This picture tells it all. . .whatever Amy will be doing in the future will always involve having a phone sticking to the side of her head. She's really into books, lately, and I don't think it will take her long to learn to read. I have a reading program that Cameron used in kindergarten to teach him to read, so I'm going to start it with Amy. She already likes me to read the books to her, but they're not my favorites (see, see me, see me Sam, Sam sees me. . .you get the drift!).

Amy's best friend is her cat, Trinity. Although I don't think the feeling is mutual. Trinity is quite tolerant of Amy and everything she does to her for being a grown cat we found on the side of the road (or in the middle of the road, as the case may be).

Guess who?

Missy and Amy were both in the play again this spring. They really have a good time and I'm so glad that the college offers this opportunity. Missy is hoping this fall that she can get a lead part. So am I! This will be her last year in this age group (4-10 yr olds) and she has this semester and next to try. She loves acting and is really quite a ham in her everyday life! Here she's a squirrel (they did The Adventures of Mr. Toad adapted from The Wind in the Willows and she was a spring-cleaning animal. Not a big part, just part of the ensemble which really bummed her out. She felt it was a step down from past plays). Amy has really gotten into the plays, as well. In fact, she's the standout in her group each time. Here's she's a duck.



Which one is Amy? Yep, she's the shortest, there in the middle!


Bottom center is my beautiful Missy!

Closing night!

The finale! Amy didn't want to stop. We're not supposed to take pictures (copyright and all that stuff, but she was just too cute not to!)

At the Academy Awards night, Amy got an award for the best littlest actress. Missy was a little sad that she hasn't won any awards, yet. There's still time!


There's supposed to be a picture of me, here, but it didn't load. Maybe tomorrow. Have a great day. Back to the laundry!

2 comments:

Joan said...

Tammy your girls are getting so grown up..and so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I've got some pretty talented cousins!

You almost got tagged by that lightening! Crazy!

Good luck with the back to school!