Sunday, August 3, 2008

Only 10 more days . . .

I hate that the pictures come up at the beginning after I've already typed in other things! I really need some lessons on blogging! Anyway. . . yep, that's right, the Gillespie's go back to school in 10 days. Where did the summer go? I know where mine went. . .work, work, work! But I have a minute to put some things on.

Cameron went to scout camp for the first time this summer. Here's pictures of him leaving. I didn't get pictures of him coming home, because I was at work when he got home. But he probably wouldn't let me post any, even if I had some. Apparently, one night they had green chile burros for dinner and the next morning the lines for the portapotties were several boys deep! Cameron, unfortunately, had his share (0f dinner and standing in line the next morning)! It's a memory, though!



We've had a really wet and cool (for our area) summer. We had the worst storm of the year (and probably the worst one since we've lived here) coming home from church today. Here's some video:



In this one, watch as I pan over between the bush and the van...watch for the lightning in the road! That was scary and close!


Since I have to load the pictures first, I'll do more tomorrow about the girls. Have a great day!


3 comments:

Becky said...

So what are your storms usually like?? That looks like a typical afternonn rain! :) We have thunder and lightening all the time, but I still don't like it.
I DO love to read your posts, so keep it up!

tammy 2-2 said...

We just don't get the wind and horizontal rain! It will come down heavy from time to time, but 50 mph wind gusts we don't expect!

Unknown said...

Whoa!!! I've been in some crazy storms, but I've never seen lightning that close! (Todd says he did a couple of times during his mission in Mississippi and TX.)