Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Okay, here's part two of today. I just finished my healthly lunch of a Whopper Jr. with cheese, fries, and a Coke and Becky just sent me the blogs of the rest of my family. What beautiful children my wonderful nephews and their lovely wives have blessed us with. I don't know when I'll get to see them, but wish very much that I could. Bryan and Jeff were once a very big part of my life (just over 19 years ago -- egad!) and it's hard to believe that they are daddies! But what wonderful daddies they are!

On Mondays I have to take Cameron to school because he has piano lessons after school and he rides his bike there and then rides to the college after they're over. It's too far to ride to school, so we have to take it in the van in the mornings. Most times I stop at our corner store to get my morning Cherry Coke and Cameron usually complains. Yesterday, he said, "Why do you stop? You're not even supposed to drink that stuff." It's hard to be reprimanded by your children. Hopefully, I can stop over Christmas vacation (yeah, right).

Cameron and I just played our first duet for family home evening last night. It was Jingle Bells. What an exciting thing for me! I never thought Cameron (or any of my children for that matter) would be musical. Was I wrong! Cameron's only been playing for two months now, and he's great (at least I think so)! I don't even have to tell him to practice! Isn't that amazing? He's also doing magnificent on the trombone in band at school. He's so funny about music. He called his NeeNana (Rob's mom) the other day and put the cordless phone on the piano so she could listen to him play. What fun!

Missy is also progressing on the violin and has started picking out the songs Cameron plays by ear on the piano. I've got to start her soon! Amy is always playing whatever instrument she can get her hands on. She really likes the piano and the ukelele. Okay, I really have to go back to work.

No comments: